Here are the 5 Golden Principles from Scotty Bowman’s coaching manual titled “The Art of Coaching the Team During the Game:”
1. Surround yourself with the best personnel! Running the team is a team effort.
2. Be creative! Only when you try to create a goal you can achieve that goal.
3. Create the core of your team made up of strong leaders! Without 5-6 players on your team, who you can always rely on, you cannot accomplish any initiative.
4. Grasp conflicts and be ready to be confrontational! Resolved conflicts pulls everyone together more.
5. Be critical but to not criticize! To get out of setbacks you need strength not to sink deeper.